I’m linking up with Oh My Glai with a flavor of the month post. This months flavour is Chilli. This recipe is probably about the most spicy dish we eat as my husband is not into spicy food. We have it fairly mild but you can add more chilli powder to make it ‘hotter’ if you like.
Quick Chilli Beef is a recipe that we grew up having.
I’m positive we didn’t have it with corn chips or wraps growing up but I can’t remember what it was served with. My father has adapted this recipe and it appears in our “Mothers & Others” Recipe book. This is my version as the mexican chilli beans he uses contain gluten so I just use regular kidney beans.
This recipe is very quick and one of our go to meals. It has featured at many of my children’s family birthday dinners, including the birthday dinner I blogged about last year.
Quick Chilli Beef
- 1 tbs oil
- 500g mince
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 capsicum (chopped)
- mushrooms (diced)
- 1/2 packet taco spice mix
- 1/2 tsp mexican chilli powder (more if you like)
- 410g tin tomato puree
- 410g tin kidney beans (drained & rinsed)
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- Heat oil in saucepan, add mince, onion and capsicum, stirring until mince is brown.
- Add mushrooms, taco mix, chilli powder and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or longer, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with corn chips and cheese or wrapped in soft tortillas with grated cheese, shredded lettuce, chopped tomato & sliced avacado.
Note: To keep it dairy free use a dairy free cheese.