We have been away for a few days. On holidays it had become the norm to cook in the unit one night and have take away the next night. However there is very little take-away that my husband can have. My sons reactions are not too bad now so he can get away with some of the wrong foods. Consequently the kids often get take-away while we have left overs or make up something else. During the week when the kids had pizza, my husband had his own mini pizzas and I made myself a stir fry with some left over chicken.
When we have pizza I often make a gluten free fry pan pizza but lately my husband has been making pizzas with corn or rice thins. Usually he has them for lunch on the weekends but lately he has had them when everyone else has had bought pizza. So he had some corn thin pizzas this week.
Corn Thins Pizzas
- 4 plain corn thins/rice thins
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce
- toppings of choice
- pizza topper herbs (optional)
- 4 tbs grated cheese (dairy free or dairy if tolerated)
- turn on sandwich press to heat up.
- spread corn thins with tomato sauce
- add toppings of choice.
- Top with pizza topper herbs & grated cheese
- Place onto heated sandwich press and close lid to melt setting (so the lid is just off the cheese)
- Heat until the cheese is melted.
Generally we have fairly meaty toppings such as ham, chopped salami sticks, chicken or sliced sausage, depending on what we have on hand. You could however use what ever toppings you like.
What are you favourite pizza toppings?