My week involved less baking as I ended up working on more days than I thought I would. Fortunately I still had some baked goodies in the freezer.
As it was a public holiday here last Monday I made melting moments and sultana bread which has been useful for breakfast as well as snacks. I will definitely make this again. I also made another batch of choc crunch granola. Yesterday I made my chocolate slice. I have not used this recipe for ages as we think Murray was reacting to the coconut. Even though we were using organic coconut he seemed to be reacting, we are now trying a different brand. I also used this coconut to make coconut butter for the sultana bread.
I had to be more prepared for breakfast this week as school and work started again. This week for breakfast I’ve had choc banana pancakes; apple, sultana & almond chia bircher (1 batch lasted for 3 days); the sultana bread and of course bacon & eggs on Sunday.
For lunch this week I’v mostly had salads with leftover meatballs or rissoles; or leftover fried rice and just 1 day of ham & avocado on corn thins.
Dinners this week:
- Monday – Spicy BBQ chicken served with rice and carrots & peas.
- Tuesday – used the leftover chicken & made fried rice
- Wednesday – Mexican meatballs (made a double batch so we had leftovers for lunches), with air fryer fries, carrots & peas.
- Thursday – dinner at Mum & Dad’s – chicken marinated in lime juice cooked on the BBQ with chicken sausages & salad
- Friday – chicken schnitzel, with air fryer fries, carrots & peas.
- Saturday – my brother in-law’s 50th birthday celebration – BBQ
- Sunday – BBQ – steak and sausages with potato, sweet potato, carrots & peas.