Fried Rice is a great recipe for using up leftover rice. Alternatively, I’ll cook up some rice for this recipe if I have leftover chicken or roast meat. This recipe is adapted from a recipe in the Mothers’ & Others’ Recipe Book.
In the fried rice pictured I have used ham & chopped up twiggy (salami) sticks. You can use what ever meat you like or no meat & more vegetables. I usually use whatever vegetables I have on hand & feel like using.
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 4 eggs
- approx 125g ham, chicken or leftover roast meat
- 1 small onion
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 zuchinni
- 4 mushrooms
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp GF Worchestershire sauce
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- salt & pepper to taste
- Break eggs into a bowl & beat. Heat oil in pan, cook eggs until firm, turn out onto a platter & chop into small squares.
- Add a little more oil, if needed. Cook vegetables for a few minutes. Add the meat & continue cooking for a few minutes more.
- Add the cooked rice & heat through.
- Add sugar, sauce & egg & stir through.
- Serve while hot.
What do you make with leftover cooked rice? Or what do you make with leftover chicken or roast meat?