I found this Easter Fridge Slice recipe in the April Coles magazine. I adapted the recipe to make it dairy & gluten free. Mine didn’t have any easter eggs so I think you could make it any time of the year, for a special treat. As it was a no bake slice it was a good thing to make when we were away at the beach, as the oven in the unit doesn’t work very well.
Choc Fridge Slice
- 395g coconut cream
- 100g nuttelex
- 150g dark chocolate, chopped
- 175g Orgran Itsy Bitsy Bears
- 100g GF chocolate biscuits, chopped.
- 1 cup chopped marshmallows
- 3 candy rolls
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 100’s & 1000’s to decorate
- Line the base & sides of a slice pan, allowing the sides to overhang.
- Place the coconut cream, nuttelex & chocolate in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, until the chocolate & nuttelex melt & mixture is smooth. Set aside to cool slighlty.
- Meanwhile, reserve 12 Itsy Bitsy Bears. Place remaining Itsy Bitsy Bears, chocolate biscuits, marshmallows & coconut into a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the biscuit mixture & stir until combined.
- Pour into the prepared pan & smooth the surface. Decorate with the reserved Itsy Bitsy Bears and the 100’s & 1000’s.
- Cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for 2 hours or until firm. Cut into pieces and store in air tight container in the fridge.
You could use any sweet GF and dairy free biscuits. I also had a few leftover lollies that I used to decorate the top with, as well.
What special treats did you make for Easter?